Sweet, delicious whipped cream to sweeten up your desserts.
This week I was on a mission to make a sweet whipped cream that is super easy to make, and saves me from having to buy store bought cans or containers.
It took a couple tries, as the first whipped creams were on the bland side, and just would not do!
Then I hit the jackpot! This turned out smooth, creamy and sweet. I'm not sure I'll ever buy ready-made whipped cream again. I'll be mixing this sweet whipped cream up myself! I'm sharing it with you so you can make it too!
- 1 cup Heavy (Whipping) Cream.
- 3 tablespoons Powdered Sugar.
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract.
- Pour ingredients into a small mixing bowl.
- Whip the mixture until it becomes the whipped cream consistency. (Don't over-whip/mix).
- Use a hand-held electric mixer with a whisk attachment. Although it can be whisked by hand, don't be a hero. Make it simple and save your arm!
- It will look like it's just going to stay a liquid for a bit, until it suddenly starts to form the thicker consistency, like magic! (I love that part.)
It's ready to go! Spoon it onto your favorite baked dessert (that you're eating right away), bowl of ice cream, or over a nice yummy cup of hot chocolate (as pictured above).
If you're not going to use all of the whipped cream in one go, you can cover the whipped cream in a bowl and put it in the fridge for a couple days to use again.